PhilCare Rush is a health card that covers a single-use benefit up to *Php50,000 for travel emergency assistance, ambulance service, out-patient emergency care and hospitalization for viral, bacterial illnesses and treatment of injuries resulting from accidents (excepts for stroke) in 500+ PhilCare-accredited hospitals.
TRAVELLING FOR BUSINESS OR LEISURE?
Make sure you are protected from sudden illness and accidents!
Being away from home for a few months can become risky if you find yourself in a medical emergency.
Get fast assistance with the PhilCare Rush health card. This includes ambulance service, emergency room, and hospitalization benefits -- all covered for only P1,800.
Total PhilCare Rush benefits are worth up to P50,000.
This health card is good for one-time only coverage (6 months validity upon purchase) and accepted in more than 500+ PhilCare-accredited hospitals nationwide.
- Room and board (Semi-Private)
- Doctors' fees
- Laboratory and diagnostics procedures
- Special modalities of treatment as medically necessary during ER and confinement, subject to P5,000 inner limits. **
- Medicine (except vaccines) as medically necessary during ER and confinement. **
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as medically necessary during ER and confinement. **
PhilCare Rush gives you one-time travel assistance**** coverage when travelling within 90-day period and 150 kilometers away from declared residence within the Philippines. The coverage is inclusive of the following key services:
- Medical Consultation, Evaluation and Referral Cases are referred to qualified doctors and/or hospitals for evaluation.
- Foreign Hospital Admission Assistance Provides assistance for prompt admission to foreign hospitals by validating member’s health coverage with PhilCare.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Provides transport, equipment and personnel necessary to evacuate a member to nearest facility capable of providing high standard care.
- Medical Monitoring Continuous communication with member’s attending physician and/or hospital and relay necessary information to the family
- Medical Repatriation Provides necessary medical or non-medical escort to member after being discharged.
- Prescription Assistance Provides assistance in filling the replacement of the member’s prescription while travelling
- Compassionate Visit Provides economy, round-trip, common carrier transportation to the place of hospitalization for designated family or friend if member is travelling alone.
- Return of Mortal Remains Provides assistance with the logistics of returning member’s remains home in the event of his or her death during travel.
Excluding six (6) major hospitals in Metro Manila (Makati Medical Center, St. Luke's Medical Center (QC and Global), Asian Hospital and Medical Center, The Medical City, and Cardinal Santos Medical Center).
Age Eligibility and Validity
PhilCare Rush is for age 16 to 65 years old and is valid for 6 months upon activation date. Benefit starts 7 days after activation date. The voucher is non-transferable once activated.
PhilHealth coverage is required during admission. However, for those who do not have PhilHealth coverage, one may just pay the PhilHealth portion of the hospital bill before discharge.
Coverable Emergency cases
Acute cases of bacterial and viral infections such as appendicitis, bronchitis, gastritis, gastroenteritis, pharyngitis, urinary tract infections sinusitis, tonsillitis, upper respiratory tract Infection, amoebiasis, cellulites, dengue fever, pneumonia and typhoid fever. Accidents except for cerebrovascular accidents (stroke) and injuries suffered because of member’s misconduct, voluntary participation in hazardous sport or activity and military service or under conditions of war.
Non-Coverable Emergency cases
Pre-existing, congenital and maternity related conditions are not covered. Also those cases and conditions declared under the standard general exclusions are not covered. Pre-existing and congenital conditions – An illness or condition shall be considered pre-existing if, prior to the effective date of health coverage the pathogenesis of such illness or condition has started, whether or not the member is aware of such illness or condition.
Take note that this health plan has a co-pay feature of Php10,000.
Emergency and Hospitalization Availment
1. Simply present this voucher together with a valid identification to the emergency room personnel at the identified PhilCare-accredited hospital.
2. ER personnel will facilitate the approval of your availment thru reaching our contact center to verify your membership eligibility and health coverage. The final medical diagnosis is the basis for PhilCare’s approval of coverage.
3. Once approval has been provided, request for cancellation of approval to reactivate membership is not allowed.
4. Co-pay amount of Php10,000 kicks in first prior to PhilCare coverage on outpatient emergency care and hospitalization.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** See FAQs for more details.
*** Check the list of non-covered illnesses and diseases.
** Your final medical diagnosis is the basis for PhilCare’s approval of coverage.